What is the best credit card for earning points for flights to Europe?

Hi Everyone, I’m travel at least once a year to Europe. I would like to know which credit card give you the best option with sing up and earning points.
I would like to start earning points to get a cheap or an upgrade seat ( premium economy or business class ) or a cheap flight to Europe.
Which is credit card you suggest me .?
Amex, Citi, Amex with velocity or Amex with qantas.
In the past I was using Qatar, emirates, Singapore to go there because I was departing from Adelaide.
Thanks

Hi and welcome,

Please refer to this previous question which will cover most general points and is still relevant. If you have any question that doesn’t constitute personal financial advice please go ahead and start another question.

Sorry if I didn’t respect the rules of the community, I wasn’t expecting any financial advise, just an opinion from you guys who are more expert than me … that’s all

All good, mate. Plenty of others have asked for the same. We just have to tread carefully within the guidelines.

There is no permanent and clear cut best credit card. I’d probable suggest going for a high sign up bonus earning the type of points that you wish to fly on (e.g Qantas points can be used on Oneworld alliance and other partners like Emirates; Velocity points can be used on partners like Qatar and Singapore Airlines; bank points can be transferred to more than one airline program, which gives you flexibility by only transferring where you can find award seats on).

In short, it will depend on what your use case is and circumstances. Its kind of like asking for the best car, best phone, best holiday destination, best suburb to live in. It depends.

That’s why I said i’m going to Europe once a year at least it doesn’t matter which company I fly be honest … I tried Emirates, Singapore, Qatar, Etihad in the past years but unfortunately I didn’t sign up for any frequent flyer program. I think is the time to sign in for something. I saw that some credit cards give you some sign up bonus points which is good and I asked the communty if there are some of them in their opinion better than other with no financial advice
Thanks

Apologies, I didn’t mean for my response to rub you the wrong way.

Best card and best frequent flyer program and best award space availability and best airline are all different.

Qantas and Velocity points are the easiest to earn in Australia but because of that, there is a lot of competition when you decide to use them on premium flights as award availability may be an issue.

In my opinion, Krisflyer has the most predictability in terms of award availability but its not the easiest to earn in Australia. There is unique transferrability between Krisflyer miles and Velocity points for 1.55:1 in each direction.

No no all good, thanks for you answer :pray:

If you’re considering Qantas FF Program, I’m not sure if you’ve looked at their comparison site:

https://cardsandbanking.qantas.com/compare-credit-cards/personal?sortBy=highest-bonus-points

You can filter by highest bonus points, lowest fees, highest points earn in a year etc…

Velocity has this site but doesn’t have quite the same filtering options:

My $0.02 worth… ALWAYS read the fine print and PDS for any card you’re intending to apply for.

Best of luck.