Where to transfer Amex Gateway points before cancelling card?

Hi

I’ve got an Amex Explorer. I’m looking to take advantage of the current referral and sign up bonus by referring my wife to get 30000 points for me, and she’ll get 100000 points.
Once she’s signed up we won’t need my card, so I plan to cancel it before the $395 annual fee is due.
What I haven’t worked out is where are good options to transfer my points before I cancel. Is there any partner program with fairly flexible options where I could ‘park’ my points until I have an opportunity to use them?
I could just transfer them to my velocity account, but that really limits how they can be used, and I don’t see myself flying much in the near future.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Velocity has limited airline partners but would not expire.

Krisflyer and Asia Miles expire after 3 years. Krisflyer can redeem Singapore airlines and Star alliance airlines. Asia Miles can redeem Cathay pacific and oneworld airlines.

These would be my pick. It really depends on the destinations, routes or airlines you want to fly on in the next 3 years or further.

If you want flexibility, SPG is the way to go. However you’ll only get 2:1 transfer rate.