What to do if my Point Hacks NAB Signature Card sign up bonus has not arrive?

I applied via point hacks around 5 months ago for the NAB credit card, spent more than the required amount in the first 2 months but have not received the 115000 points.
Who do i contact?

Hi eelfan,

Please see the quoted text below from the Point Hacks article.

There is a discrepancy between the terms and conditions listed in this credit card guide and the application page. We can confirm that existing personal NAB credit card holders, regardless of whether they hold a NAB Qantas card or another NAB personal card, are ineligible for this offer; conversely, existing NAB business/commercial customers and new NAB personal customers are eligible for this offer. NAB are aware of isolated issues with the previous Point Hacks exclusive offer for some customers. We are continuing to try and resolve these issues and we apologise for any hassle caused or time wasted. Whilst NAB are working through these issues, if you would like to contact them and regarding your application, please do so on 13 22 65 and quote the campaign code MWQ.

If you need further assistance with the previous exclusive offer, please email us at assist@pointhacks.com we’ll do what we can to help.