What options do I have if I have applied for credit cards directly from bank websites and did not realise these does not provide sign up bonus?

Help!
I did the Pt Hacks email course 2/3 months ago, have continued to receive regular emails. When I decided which CCs I wanted, I completed applications through Bank websites.
This week I received 2 cards Westpac Black Altitude World Mastercard which I activated
on Friday 7/12/18 and ANZ Rewards Travel Adventure Visa card,which I activated via phone 6/12/18 and visited Branch to complete PIN details on 7/12/18.
Now I received email from Pt. Hacks saying I would receive 80,000 bonus points from ANZ if I made application through your website - There were no Bonus points attached to the ANZ cc.
a spend of $ 500 required. As I am a frequent traveller, trying for bonus points is a priority
for me - do u know any way the Bank would grant me the Bonus points with the $1500 spend
by 3 months. Options which might work - cancel my card and re-apply under Pt. Hacks
website. I am 78 years old and not very computer savvy.
Any suggestions appreciated,
Mary - Gold Coast

Hi Mary,

That is really unfortunate. I hope your Westpac combo application did come with sign up bonuses.

Unfortunately, I don’t think much can be done once the application has been lodged. There are times where I have applied for credit cards and special sign up bonuses are announced the next day. Unlucky indeed.

If it is possible, please chalk it up as experience for next time. Of course, you can cancel your credit card and reapply via the PointHacks link to get signup bonuses.

However, please note, applying for multiple credit cards within a short period of time may adversely affect your personal credit score. As it would flag that why you would require so much credit suddenly.

Have a read of these Pointhacks articles on a bit of how credit score works.