What are the best value redemptions for ANZ Rewards points?

Hi,

Has anyone done any analysis on the best value redemption for ANZ rewards points. With CBA in the past I found it better to redeem for Flight Centre gift cards and book flights myself than go through CBA rewards or transfer to velocity/qantas points. Is it the same with ANZ?

Is there a specific gift card that would get me the most value.

Thanks

Hi MissB,

Most savvy PointHackers would probably say transfer your points to Frequent Flyer programs like Velocity FF Program, Krisflyer, Asia Miles, etc. and redeem award seats with them.

For most bang for your points, focus on premium seats (business/first class).

If you are cash strapped, supermarket/fuel gift cards can offset your living costs. I used to do this (cringe) before stumbling upon PointHacks.

I would recommend the Point Hacks Free Beginners Email Course if you are keen to get a kick start to point hacking.

Thanks! I’m not cash strapped, though also feel that flying business/first class is a bit of a waste for short haul flights (no plans to fly long haul any time soon). I’ll keep reading and hopefully find the best option along the way :slight_smile:

Note that Velocity often runs point transfer bonuses, with ANZ sometimes topping that up even further - it’s worth waiting for those to transfer if you can.