Westpac Altitude Rewards Applied before cut off date and approved after. Am I still eligible for the signup bonus?

Hi all, hoping someone can help me.
I applied for the Westpac Altitude bonus 100 000 points offer on 25th Feb, prior to the cut off date of 28th Feb. I never heard anything from them and so I called up and found they required some information from me which I gave. I was subsequently approved on 3rd March. My concern is the T&C’s:
“The bonus points promotion is available to customers who apply via this website (offer not available in branch or via call centres) and are approved for a new Westpac Altitude Black card between 17 October 2016 and 28 February 2017”
It reads as though both the applying and the approving needs to be done prior to 28th Feb, but I also assume that the offer code AMEX1# was linked to my application and I would be eligible anyway.
I havent activated my card yet, I was thinking I should call and confirm (which I will do anyway), and if I’m not eligible cancel and re-apply under the qantas direct offer which is the same, just has a different offer code and doesnt expire until end of march.
Has anyone had any experience with this and if you think I am still eligible?
Thanks in advance

Hi Kittyzero.

I am in the same boat. I did apply on 28/2 and got approved on 3/3/17. I have copied the  T & C’s from their website. It says approved b/w  17 October 2016 and 31 March 2017. I guess, we should be getting the bonus 100,000 Qantas points, but i’ll check on Monday as well and see what they say.

1. Special promotion: Get 100,000 bonus Qantas Points. The bonus points promotion is available to customers who apply via this website (offer not available in branch or via call centres) and are approved for a new Westpac Altitude Black card between 17 October 2016 and 31 March 2017, pay the $395 annual fee and spend the minimum amount of $5000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval on one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, BPAY, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. In order to be eligible, the account must be open and not in arrears at the time of crediting points. The bonus points depend on your choice of Rewards Program. The bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks after the eligible spend criteria being met. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packages are ineligible. This promotion is not available in conjunction with any other offer.

Here is the link:

http://info.westpac.com.au/creditcards/westpacblack/qantas/

Which Qantas direct offer you are talking about ?

Can you please share what they tell you on Monday about the bonus points and i’ll do the same ?

Cheers.

Hi Kittyzero.

In continuation of my last message, I also got an email from them on 27/2 ( i applied on the same date 27/2 not 28/2)- about the conditional approval subject to employment/income verification being completed.

I guess it should be ok but i would appreciate if you can post back what they say to you and i’ll do the same on Monday.

Cheers.

Hassan.

I can’t offer too much insight for you in terms of knowing exactly how Westpac will handle this situation. Please both report back with how you go!

@hassan - you may want to change your username so it’s not your email address, just for privacy reasons. Or you may not care. Up to you!

Ok so I called them, and the promo code was still attached to my application. After my dealings I have no confidence in their customer service, but if what they say is accurate (and I think it is) then I am fine. So long as I applied before the cut off date, so long as the approval was for that particular application I am eligible. I’ve activated my card - and am confident.

The difference was if you go to the qantas site and compare credit cards, and access the westpac ‘apply now’ link and complete that application, it has an end date of 31st march. I googled westpac 100 000  points, found the online application and whilst the conditions were the same, the end date was different and had a different offer code (I knew this by comparing the two URL’s. I assume they want to separate and report on customers who apply via the qantas link?

Either way, i think im just overly cautious of the wording - I think the promo code is attached to your application when you apply, and approval or activation of that application after the end date is irrelevant.

I will know in a few months if I dont get my points anyway. Here’s hoping, its the last lot I need for my RTW! Thanks all for your responses.