Virgin Velocity award seats cancellation policy - can I get 100% of my points back?

Hi,

Wondering what are the terms & conditions for Virgin Velocity award cancellations.

Looking to book a 2 flights using velocity points from BNE to MCO for June 2018. Since I’m not 100% certain that I can get time off (requests cant be made this far in advance).

As we know award space from Australia to USA is hard to get and the cheapest points option sell out fast.

I’m hoping to get a seat on the day they are released …any idea when that will be?

If I need to cancel this award booking…can I get 100% of my points back?
How does this work?

I did contact Virgin but they send you a legal paragraph that’s not really clear.

any tips for how to go about getting the economy cheap point redemption for this?
looking to book a 11 night cruise leaving from Florida that’s rather expensive. If we can use our points for the flights…then we can book the cruise. Cruise leaves 30th June 2018
would like to be in Florida at least a day prior to cruise
a
thanks

There’s an article on here from a week or two ago indicating you’d be charged 7500 points or $60 for cancelling.

Thank you. Must have missed that post.

When does Virgin release award seats?

is there a set time they become available to book?

still a few days away from the date we need in June 2018.

Had a look this morning and they are already sold out for the days released today.

'Just trying to work out when I should be checking as it looks like you have to be quick.

Thanks