Should I credit my Emirates Business Class flight to Qantas or Emirates?

Thanks for your help in advance - have an upcoming flight to Dubai, EK coded Business Class.

MEL-DXB
DXB-BNE (BNE-MEL)

Would you recommend putting down your QF number (Platinum) or Skywards (Gold) account? The BNE-MEL leg is also Business Class with a QF code.

Hi @G.L - welcome to the community.
I think it really depends on where the largest balance of your points are to be found - based on your status with each airline, I’d hazard a guess that’s quite a decent amount with both! Another consideration would be from which “pool” you intend, or are more likely to, redeem the points for future flights.

On the practical level though, if these upcoming flights are reward seats using points, then I believe that you have the choice - or at least would have at booking time. So if flying on Emirates with a codeshare flight booked through Qantas using FF points, you would have provided which ever FF# you wanted - it defaults to Qantas from memory.

I’ve never booked an Emirates reward flight with Skywards Points, so don’t know about that side of things. You can link your flights to another FF program if the code share options are there once the booking is make. This isn’t necessarily to earn points from the flights but rather to say get access to free in-flight WiFi and other perks etc…

If these flights are “cash” fares, I think you’ll find you’re bound to the underlying airline and FF program for where any points will be credited.

I’m sure there are other nuances involved and it’s made all the trickier (somewhat) with the Qantas/Emirates relationship being “Partner” based rather than “Alliance”.

1 Like