Is the Citibank Velocity points signup bonus worthwhile?

Hi all,

I’ve been a Qantas FF Hacker for a while now but I’m now starting my Velocity FF journey and I saw this offer from Citibank (below) and I want to see what peoples experience has been with Citibank and if it’s worth going for this card for the 100k Velocity Points?

https://www1.citibank.com.au/credit-cards/citi-rewards-velocity?cid=AF-Velocity-Rewards-CC032021-onsite&tab=rates-and-fees

Cheers Legends!

Hi jjrattle,

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I notice in the T&C there appears to be no exclusion period at all for people who’ve held any sort of Citibank Card.
I just closed a Qantas Premier Platinum Card (which is backed by Citibank) on 22/2/21. I think I’ll go for this one too.
I haven’t had any bad experience with Citibank. My experience has been with 3 previous Qantas Premier Platinum Cards and a Citi Signature Qantas Card.
100,000 Velocity Points for $99, with a “standard” minimum spend of $3000 and $6,000 minimum credit limit, sounds to me like a great offer!
I’d be interested too whatever anyone else can add and if I’m right about there being nothing to stop previous Citibank card holders applying?
Graham

I confirmed with Citibank it is open to all customers, regardless of recently holding a Citibank issued card.
Thanks jjrattle for a good find!

1 Like

Thank you! This is a bargain. I will apply soon.

Just received this card. Application process was very simple. Thanks again jjrattle.