Is the Citibank Velocity points signup bonus worthwhile?

Hi all,

I’ve been a Qantas FF Hacker for a while now but I’m now starting my Velocity FF journey and I saw this offer from Citibank (below) and I want to see what peoples experience has been with Citibank and if it’s worth going for this card for the 100k Velocity Points?

https://www1.citibank.com.au/credit-cards/citi-rewards-velocity?cid=AF-Velocity-Rewards-CC032021-onsite&tab=rates-and-fees

Cheers Legends!

Hi jjrattle,

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I notice in the T&C there appears to be no exclusion period at all for people who’ve held any sort of Citibank Card.
I just closed a Qantas Premier Platinum Card (which is backed by Citibank) on 22/2/21. I think I’ll go for this one too.
I haven’t had any bad experience with Citibank. My experience has been with 3 previous Qantas Premier Platinum Cards and a Citi Signature Qantas Card.
100,000 Velocity Points for $99, with a “standard” minimum spend of $3000 and $6,000 minimum credit limit, sounds to me like a great offer!
I’d be interested too whatever anyone else can add and if I’m right about there being nothing to stop previous Citibank card holders applying?
Graham

I confirmed with Citibank it is open to all customers, regardless of recently holding a Citibank issued card.
Thanks jjrattle for a good find!

1 Like

Thank you! This is a bargain. I will apply soon.

Just received this card. Application process was very simple. Thanks again jjrattle.

@graham Just wondering at what point do we provide the VFF number to Citi. I will be receiving the card shortly but was not asked the VFF number in the aplication. Do we update the VFF in the online banking portal.

Thanks

Hi, You don’t provide your Velocity Number initially. They will send you an email within 8 weeks of you meeting the minimum spend requesting your Velocity Number at that time, and then after you’ve given your number you get the points within 10 weeks of that. I met the minimum spend for this card on 16/5/21. I then received an email from Citibank on 11/7/21 requesting my Velocity Number. I am now just waiting for the points.

As @graham mentioned Citibank reaches out to you once you meet the minimum spending criteria, I just got the email yesterday

Thank you @graham and @jjrattle …looks like we have to hold on to this card longer than usual…

Apologies. My last post should have read I met the minimum spend on 16/5/21, and I then received the email from Citibank requesting my Velocity Number on 10/6/21