Is it worth to pay the issue fee to buy flight center gift card from supermarket which I can earn triple points?

Is it worth to pay the issue fee to buy flight center gift card from supermarket which I can earn triple points?

I have just seen that the surcharge is likely $7.50, the total points earn is likely 472 & cost per point approximately 1.6c. Im a stingy points earner & like to keep my cost to around 0.7c per point, however everyone is different.

Another consideration: If you are referring to woolies there are no points earned through their new loyalty program (used to earn points on vouchers under the old scheme). If it is coles you are referring to, you will earn basic flybuys points on your $157 purchase as well.

Another wrinkle you may wish to add to your strategy is whether or not you know anyone employed by WOW or WES group with a staff discount card. This may reduce your overall voucher cost by up to 5.0% (for example) however you will need to test whether or not this works in practice. Woolies used to offer staff discount on gift vouchers however I think they turned it off 01/01/2016. not sure about WES staff card. I hope this helpful.

There are two factors to consider here.

Flybuys points typically aren’t credited in the case of spend on gift card purchases - whether or not they are in this case is a question I don’t have an answer to.

Assuming they are, you could earn 156 points. For every insurance policy you have with Coles Insurance, add a multiplier to that 156.

From your 3 points / dollar statement, I assume you’re talking about spend with the American Express Platinum Edge card. If you have access to an Apple mobile device, installing the American Express application will give you access to the Local Champion competition and give you the ability to become the most frequent American Express user at a particular supermarket and earn 1 bonus point per dollar (bringing the total up to 4 points / dollar).

For purchases at Coles, I effectively earn 6 Etihad Miles per dollar spent - 4 American Express Membership Rewards points (that convert 1:1 to Etihad Guest Miles) and 5 Flybuys points (which translates to 2 Etihad Guest Miles).

That earn ratio is fairly decent.