How to optimise 1,000,000 CBA award points?

Hi all,

I have recently got into the points and miles game and have checked my Commbank Diamond Awards statement, I have 1,134,923 points. I am very sure I have chosen the wrong credit card and am going to switch to the Bank SA Amplify Signature Visa and Citi Prestige. I am mainly a flyer with Singapore Airlines and its Star Alliance partners.

Does anyone know what to do with these points? It looks like a 2:1 transfer to Velocity and then a further 1.35:1 transfer to KrisFlyer may not represent great value and it seems that Velocity also has pretty crappy award space in Business.

Using these points with Flight Centre would only represent a value of 0.45cents/each, which even I can tell is bad.

Thanks for any answers.
Alex

Whether or not Velocity can be said to have poor award availability depends on where you want to fly to. Velocity has some excellent redemption opportunities and is my go to points program for pretty much all the flying I do, including with SQ.

Personally, I don’t think you have much options. If you are planning to cancel the CBA credit card, transfering to Velocity would probably be your only option. Qantas selection has to be done at the start.

I would personally, keep the points in Velocity and only transfer to Krisflyer if Krisflyer has the seats that Velocity can’t see.

Flight centre redemptions are generally lower value.