How to book a Qantas OneWorld RTW itinerary?

Hi y’all :slight_smile:

I’m seeking advice on planning a round-the-world (RTW) trip for my partner and me from September to October next year for our honeymoon.

I’ve attempted to use the multi-city option and Qantas’ RTW bot, but I’m struggling to make sense of it all.

Our ideal itinerary includes the USA (ideally Florida or New York), Europe (preferably Germany and London), and Asia (Japan or Manila), but we’re open to suggestions and not fixed on specific locations. Our main goal is to make the most of our budget. Do any of you have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Your destinations will most likely be determined by reward seat availability. Check out the Point Hacks RTW guide. When booking, you might need to call for more complex itineraries. Agents don’t refer to this as a RTW award, but as a OneWorld Classic Award ticket so it might help them out to use this language. I’m not sure about what standard you want for your honeymoon, but if you are happy to travel in Economy, then this shouldn’t be too hard to find!

In the guide there are some sample itineraries. There are generally two options you can go for with this; either go to the US or Europe first. Once you made that decision the rest falls into place.

Australia - USA - Europe - Asia - Australia

or reverse this if you want to do Europe first!

If you want to make your budget stretch a bit further, spending less time in expensive Western Europe and USA but more time in Eastern Europe and SE Asia can help. Manila is pretty great for low cost travel, Vietnam, Indonesia, Taiwan, etc are all pretty interesting, low-cost and relatively safe destinations too. Once you venture into the more “fancy” cities like Tokyo, or Seoul, or Singapore, then things get a bit more expensive but I would say still less than Western Europe.

Something simple like this can be booked online:

1 Like

Wow! Thanks so much. This is so helpful! I’ll try to wrap my head around it as best I can. :smiley: I wonder how much points all up I should have. But it sounds so fun! That screenshot below works for us too! Thank you :smiley:

Here are the caps for the oneworld reward. If you meet all the rules, then this is the most you’ll have to pay:

• Economy: 132,400 Qantas Points per person (+ taxes)
  • Premium Economy: 249,600 Qantas Points per person (+ taxes)
  • Business: 318,000 Qantas Points per person (+ taxes)
  • First: 455,000 Qantas Points per person (+ taxes)
1 Like