How should I maximise Qantas status and point earn if moving from UK to Australia?

I am moving back to Melbourne in Jan 2022 after spending 13 years in the UK.
I am currently a Silver (Oneworld Sapphire) with British Airways and would like to know which Credit Cards I should sign up to maximise QF FF points and status?
I still have my (old) QF FF account but that is now at Bronze status.

We aren’t in a position to give you any financial advice here on the forum.
I suggest you check the mountain loads of research on this website on the many credit card options that will give you the best points earn rate. You should think about whether you really want to earn Qantas points, or would you want to earn flexibile points (AMEX rewards points ,Westpac Altitude, etc) that can be transferred to different frequent flyer programs.

In terms of status, you generally can’t get status with credit card spending. Although, you should check out Qantas Points Club which is like earning status but for serious points earners that don’t necessarily fly. But really, since you are already Silver with BA, I don’t see why you can’t just keep earning status and avios with BA. As long as you intend to travel 4 qualifying segments - that is flying 4 flights with BA (i believe that’s the requirement), you can keep earning status with BA and that’ll work over here when you are flying Qantas as well. The earn rate for Qantas is quite generous with Executive Club and you can even build up your lifetime status!

Thank you for your comments.

1 Like