How do I know whether my credit card spend is considered qualifying spend for sign up bonus?

I just obtained the credit card. I paid over $3000 on 2 transactions being, Rent via rent rewards and body corporate fees via DEFT payments. Will this count towards eligible transactions so I can get my bonus 70k points for spending 3k in first 3 months? I can’t find the answer to this anywhere it seems.

Hello @joel.davison91 and welcome to the community.
Congrats on qualifying for this card… it’s definitely a good one (Not financial advice! :slight_smile: ). For clear definitions of “Eligible Spending” I would checkout these links:

https://www.qantasmoney.com/credit-cards/premier-platinum

Scroll to the bottom and FULLY expand the “Important Information” section. There seems to be explicit definitions of “eligible purchases” in Sections 1, 7 & 10.

The last part of Section 7 is particularly interesting and most relevant to your query I believe:

“Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, transactions made in operating a business, payments to other Citi branded accounts, bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges, transactions made using Qantas Points and government related transactions. Government related transactions include transactions with government or semi government entities, or relating to services provided by or in connection with government (for example but not limited to transactions made at Australia Post, payments to the Australian Taxation Office, council rates, motor registries, tolls, parking stations and meters, fares on public transport, fines and court related costs). For full definitions, terms and conditions, see Qantas Premier Credit Card Rewards Terms and Conditions.”

Have a careful read through these T&C’s as well as the linked Premier_Reward_Terms.pdf document. I think you’ll find these will help you clarify your spending eligibility questions.

For a guaranteed answer, phone up Qantas Cards - quoting these sections - and ask for confirmation that your spending is acceptable.
Cheers!

1 Like

Another quick way to “check” is: If you are earning Qantas points for those transactions, they should qualify.

As Jenart said, you need to ask the credit card agent to confirm. Good luck getting a clear cut answer from them

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I will wait to see if once the payments say processed and if I get qanats points I will assume they are eligible. They aren’t government payment related so reading everything you have told me I think they should be valid for the bonus points.