Diners Club for international lounge access. Is it worth the fee?

Hi,

I’m travelling with the family around the world on OneWorld airlines in Dec 2017 & Jan 2018. I have Qantas Club membership but only Silver QFF status, so I think my lounge access will be limited to Sydney prior to departure. After that point we’re flying American, then BA (US to Europe leg) and Cathay home from London (out of Gatwick via Hong Kong).

I’m looking for the community’s view on the value of using Diners Club for lounge access. Lounge locations we’re looking at would be Dallas (5 hour layover), New York JFK (pre-departure on a Saturday night), London Gatwick (pre-departure on a Tuesday morning) and Hong Kong (18-hour layover with midnight departure).

It looks like $135 annual fee plus $50 additional cardholder. Is that worthwhile for lounge access alone? How do Diners card holders find access to lounges when travelling international? Easy access? Any additional entry fees or time restrictions?

Point Hacks doesn’t seem to cover Diners very closely…any ideas why?

Thanks in advance.

Wife and I have Diners cards for lounge access only. Used them without any problem in Europe and Asia. No restrictions and no additional fees  Unfortunately no lounge in Melbourne although the new Marhaba lounge could be a possibility.