Can you use the complimentary flight from Amex Velocity Platinum for for a one way flight?

I live in Sydney but see the complementary flights with Amex Velocity are available Per-Syd-Per
Can I use the complementary flight one way and pay for the Syd-Per sector?

Do you only need one way? Trying to understand why you would rather pay than have it for free? Are you chasing status?

Because the complementary flights are only Per-Syd-Per…can’t originate in Sydney

Unlikely. The booking would commence at Perth. If you don’t board the first flight from PER to SYD, then the rest of the booking would be cancelled. I can only see this working out if you were able to nest this return trip within another trip.

For example:
Fly to Perth on paid ticket
Fly back on free ticket
Fly to Perth on free ticket
Fly back on paid ticket

Otherwise, the point hacks guide mentions you could be clever with the way you book these flights to put two years’ worth of free flights together.

1 Like

So what is to stop me booking my complementary flight Per-Syd-Per…. Purchasing a one way Syd-Per… catch paid flight to Per then catch comp flight Per-Syd… ?

Nothing. You can do that. You can then either forgo the free second SYD-PER or just pay the second PER-SYD to make a second trip.

1 Like