Can I get the bonus points when I apply BankSA or Bank of Melbourne credit card if I have Westpac credit card

Hi All,

I’m very new at credit card points. I currently have Westpac credit card for QFF and Virgin credit card for Velocity. I will close one in about 6 months and wanted to apply a new one that I haven’t had in the last 12 months. Will I still get the bonus points when I apply BankSA or Bank of Melb if I have Westpac credit card?

Based on my understanding and reading your highlighted text, you should qualify for the signup bonus as Westpac card are not mentioned.

Hi @w.hiew, thanks for the reply. What does “Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are not eligible for this offer” mean? I think that’s where I got confused with Westpac CC.

I’ve held both Bank of Melbourne and Westpac cards within 4 months of each other and received the bonus points for both. For the purposes of these promotions I believe that Bank of Melbourne, Bank of SA and St George are considered as one under the same umbrella when deciding eligibility for bonus points. Westpac card holders are separate to those 3.

What does “Credit Card Product Switches, upgrades or Westpac group staff are not eligible for this offer” mean?

The other criteria seems to denote balance transfers (not sure if it’s only from other Westpac credit card products or includes other financial institutions - you’d need to double check if you think you might fall into this category).

Lastly the Westpac group staff would most probably mean if you were an employee in any of their “brand groups”. (*** As always… don’t take this as gospel though!! Always call and ask for confirmation in writing if you are unsure. I’ve done this before when there has been ambiguity).

I got distracted and forgot to respond. Thanks @jenart for the great response as usual.

Examples of product switch or upgrades mean going from Amplify Rewards Platinum to Amplify Rewards Signature (upgrade) or Amplify Rewards Platinum to Amplify Qantas Platinum (switch).

Thanks for both of your replies @jenart @w.hiew ! Helped me to decide what to do next.

1 Like