Can anyone advise on whether I should transfer my Amex points to Krisflyer or Asia Miles?

I have 156,000 American Express Membership Rewards points available to transfer to CX, SQ, and/or VA (but not QF).

I have 64,000 points in my SQ account.

I have 7,000 points in my CX account.

A one way Business Class ticket from Brisbane to Rome costs 116,000 points on SQ (and a minimal cost in fees, surcharges, etc.).

A one way Business Class ticket from Brisbane to Milan costs 85,000 points on CX (plus approximately AU$350 in fees, surcharges, etc.). With my Platinum status with QF, I have access to the Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge at HKG.

Given the above, which account do you recommend I transfer my American Express points to this week, before they are devalued?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Hi chazbne,

This helpful article from a few days ago should at least help clarify your thinking.

If you’re thinking about redemptions to Europe, you really can’t go wrong either way. Personally I have points in both KrisFlyer and Asia Miles, for exactly the reasons you’ve discovered: KrisFlyer does have greater availability, but redemptions on Asia Miles cost much less in points.

1 Like

Thank you for having taken the time to point this post out to me sixtyeight.

1 Like