Best way to get four business award seats from Perth to North America using Amex MR, SPG and Qantas points?

Hi,

Me and my husband have a combined SPG points of 150K, my QFF had accrued 228K, and i have amex MR around 88K, plus ANZ Westpac sign up bonus that could convert to Krisflyer or Asia miles around 55K.

We’re planning a family long haul trip from Perth to North America, we have two kids( 4& 6 yo).

I’m kind of lost with all these points and transfers, which way should i go for so that i have better chance to quickly achieve business class award seats for four of us? seems like we are not too far from that goal, but still need a lot more points.

Could anyone guide me a efficient way please? Thanks heaps!

Hi,

Have a play with awardace.com or awardhacker.com for how much it costs in different point programs for this route in business class.

It seems to me at first glance that you do not have enough points to get 4 person in business class return to North America from Perth.

For example, Perth to US (West Coast) costs 102k Krisflyer miles one way business. 110k Asia Miles (175k Asia Miles in return). Approximately 128k Qantas points.

You might have to use points on some flights for some passengers and pay the rest with $. Or you could buy points when they are on sale if you really need or want to fly business class.

Another potential challenge is getting 4 business class seats on the same flight. A common solution around this is 1 adult +1 child per flight (2 separate flights).

Good luck.