ANZ Black Rewards card renewed - Do I cancel?

I have had my ANZ black card for one year and just paid the yearly fees. I was listening to a podcast and they were saying what they do is cancel one month after the yearly review and sign up to a different offer.

To try this was thinking of firstly cancelling my credit card and asking for a refund on the yearly fees. Then signing up the the Qantas Black Card to get that sign-up offer.
Update can’t do it after reading T&Cs: ensure if applying for an offer, you don’t currently hold and haven’t opened or closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer Black, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card in the last 12 months.

Q1. Has anybody done something similar or have other strategies?

Q2. I currently use this card for all my direct debits and daily spending so building up ANZ rewards points. Should I now be looking at doing the same with a different card?

It’s worth noting the ANZ T&Cs usually allow you to get the bonus if you previously have a card from a different ‘rewards family’.

For example, the ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer Black card says: You are not eligible for this offer if you currently hold or have held an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card in the last 12 months.

If the only ANZ card you’ve previously held is the ANZ Rewards Black card, that wouldn’t affect your eligibility for the Qantas offer, as ANZ Rewards cards are not the same family as ANZ Frequent Flyer cards.