Am I eligible for sign up bonus when switching from ANZ Rewards to ANZ Frequent Flyer card?

Hi there,

I currently have an ANZ Rewards Platinum card that I will be cancelling soon. After cancelling, I would like to apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card. I was wondering whether I would still be eligible to receive the bonus points on sign up given I haven’t held an ANZ Frequent Flyer Black, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold or an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card in the last 12 months but have held an ANZ Rewards card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi apate1898,

Yes you are right in your reading of the t&c and you can do exactly what you are planning to do. They are totally separate products and having held the “ANZ Rewards Platinum” doesn’t stop you applying for the “ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum” straight after you’ve cancelled the first card. You will be eligible for bonus points for both cards. Ps. I have had both cards a number of times. As you can’t transfer “ANZ Rewards points” into Velocity Points, I took the $500 Flight Centre Voucher which is the next best thing IMO.

2 Likes