Would it be better to transfer Westpac Altitude points to airline programs or redeem flights directly via Westpac site?

Hi PH Team.
Hoping for some assistance on what best to do with Westpac Altitude points (Black Card).
Currently have 1,066,000 points, looking to travel with partner in November 23 (maybe Japan) and hopefully in business class.
Would I get more value to transfer points to one of the affiliates or book through the WBC site?

Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @Mary_M

As a general rule, it’s better to transfer the points to an airline’s frequent flyer programme and book classic flight rewards through that FF programme.

But there’s a massive caveat to that advice: only transfer to an airline’s FF programme if you can find availability. The last thing you want to do is transfer your points, only to find that there are no flights available via that FF programme.

You’re looking to fly next month: that means you’re definitely in “beggars can’t be choosers” territory. Look for FF availability from the airlines and transfer your points if you find any, but if there’s availability via Westpac but not from the airlines, focus on a great holiday rather than the extra points you’re burning, and book via Westpac.

Let us know how you go!

Thank you @sixtyeight, very appreciate the reply :slight_smile:

I was being hopeful, will try and see what I can get.

Cheers