Will we get any refund from a Qantas RTW redemption itinerary that has partially started but couldn't be completed due to travel restrictions?

HERE IS A CURLY ONE!
Qantas ONE WORLD ROUND WORLD ONLY 1/2 FLOWN. Refund?
Started an around the world trip Adelaide (QF) HK-(JAL) Tokyo-New York (JAL) in January this year 2020. Stopped in New York
Paid for a Separate one way flight back to Adelaide (current location) with a view to Paying for one way flight back to New York to resume flights from New York to London (BA) on 14 Dec 2020 then London to Shanghai via Amsterdam (KL) on 31 December 2020 then Shanghai to Adelaide via HK (CX) on 4 January 2020.
All fees and taxes paid for and 1.3 million points spent, but trip only half way through.
Will we get a refund of fees, taxes and charges and points? Part fees accepted, but will we loose all, part or no points?

• List item

Hi,

You should get those points back. However, you may need to contact Qantas to confirm. They’re hard to get through to at the moment. The support centre is open 24/7 and it’s easier to contact them at hours when not so many people will call. I got through to Qantas within minutes at about 9am on a Sunday morning.

I had a to cancel flights to Europe and received my points back after one month of cancelling. I’m still waiting for the tax money now 10 weeks after. That’s why I called Qantas, they said I will eventually receive it soon and to call back in a couple of weeks if I don’t.