Why can't Qantas support staff see the reward seat that I can?

When I search for return flights SYD to DPS and DPS to SYD I can see there are business rewards seats both ways however when I change the search to just DPS to SYD the business reward seats disappear. I have called Qantas support and they cannot see what I am talking about. Can anyone help me with getting the business reward seat for just the DPS to SYD leg?

Hi @munazarka,
It would be helpful to know which date(s) you are looking at when seeing this behaviour. Are you using the Multi-City search or the default flight search with the One-Way option selected?
thanks. :+1:

Hi jenart, thank you for your reply.
I have attached a screen shot. I am doing it on the default flight search. These options do not appear on the multi-city search.

First thing i noticed is it is “Business Classic Plus”.

This is different to “Classic Rewards”.

Classic Plus is a newish type, think of it as something in between Classic Rewards and Points + Pay

I tried replicating the search for the dates shown but couldn’t find any (might be to do with me being lowly Bronze status).

1 Like

Hi w.hiew, thank you for your reply.
That probably explains why the points required are a lot higher than I have booked in the past for the same trip. It’s still confusing to me why I can’t book just the DPS to SYD leg using this Business Classic Plus option.

Classic Plus awards aren’t yet available when originating outside Australia or New Zealand. So they are not available for itineraries originating in Bali.

2 Likes

Thank you oz_mark, that makes sense now.