Why can't I find Brisbane to Tokyo award seats for Dec 2023/Jan 2024 even in economy?

I have been searching for QFF reward seats (3 adult and 1 child) both economy and business class for Brisbane/Tokyo late Dec returning mid Jan since the start of the year with nothing showing. Does anyone know if there will be another release of seats soon?

Hi Kristy,

Welcome to the community.

Apologies for being the bearer of not so good news.

Unfortunately, that period is a peak travel period and the demand in travel is still very high post covid.

I’ve been recently looking for a friend for school holidays period to Japan and it is a challenge even in economy.

There is so much demand in direct Australia flight to Japan and USA that it is not funny.

If you must travel during that period, I’d suggest trying to look for other routing via Asia if you have appetite for a non-direct flight. Consider splitting up the travel group to 2+2 for separate flights. All of this is not ideal especially for a family trip and done in economy.

In my opinion, time to diversify away from only collecting Qantas points. They can be so hard to use.

Good luck and all the best.

2 Likes

Hi Warren thanks for taking the time to reply. I like your suggestion of looking for an alternative route.