Which business class product is superior on the Sydney to Los Angeles route? Delta or Virgin?

Greetings, I’m Sydgal and this is my first post (goodness I feel like I’m back in the 1990’s and on Fidonet) I’ve been reading this site for ages. I have a question. I’m due to fly to LA from SYD next August.

I’m Velocity Gold member. I’ve flown Virgin Business to LA for quite a few years for conferences. I like their business product but I’ve seen Delta’s new business class seat.

Which to choose? Which product is superior?

Thanks!

It really depends on what you value most. Delta’s seat has a closing door which is great if you want privacy but it does also mean the seat overall is more narrow and cramped than Virgin’s. I still find catering and service on Virgin superior to Delta. I also value the bar because I want some place to get up and sit somewhere different in the 12 hour duration of the flight.

For me personally, I would still choose Virgin but both are good products!

Thanks for the response, djtech. I have been looking at trying to find a review about the width of the chair but no one has really written anything about it. Have you flown in that chair?

Yes I have flown in both. My frame is quite broad so I found the space on the Delta One suites more constricted than Virgin’s.

Thank you! I’ll stick with Virgin!