Where to credit points from Cathay Business class flight - Cathay Pacific Asia Miles or Qantas Frequent Flyers?

I have just taken a return flight to Australia from Europe (Paris to be precise) in business class on Cathay. Was outstanding service and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am in two minds about what to do about my claiming miles and so did not attach them to any programme as yet.

Before I do so, is there any way to evaluate what is better in terms of a credit, Qantas Frequent Flyers or Cathay Asia Miles. I remember there being some calculator to help with this.

I am a bit fed up with Qantas but have quite a few miles still with them. I also have a small number of Velocity points if crediting it there was an option. I have Gold Status on Qantas which I would like to retain but figure that this flight on Cathay will not help with status correct?

Anyway, any suggestions welcome.

Qantas status credits on partner airlines are a lot less. So keep that in mind if you are trying to retain qantas status. If you credit to Asia miles then your flights will not count to qantas status.

Not sure. But you could aim for higher status on Asia miles depending if you fly Cathay a lot