Hi, I’m traveling to Europe with a ticket booked with Finnair in business class next month. I wanted to figure out whether I should credit my points to QFF (only bronze) or Alaska Air, or even Finnair Plus.
Itinerary is as follows:
- Flying Sydney to HK with Qantas (QF flight number)
- HK - Helsinki with Finnair
- Helsinki to Copenhagen (Finnair)
- Edinburgh to Helsinki (Finnair)
- Helsinki to Hong Kong (Finnair)
- HK to Sydney (Finnair Code, operated by Cathay)
I’ve used the QFF calculator and am slightly confused. I booked with Finnair but the first flight has a QF flight number - does this mean I get credits and points at QFF rates for this part of the trip? Secondly there’s no option to put in the Edinburgh to Helsinki leg - can this still get credited to QFF? In total if I use a QF code for the first leg, the calculator shows that I’ll get 27k points and 465 SC.
Alternatively looking at Alaska, they seem to have a 200% bonus on miles earned on Finnair J, C, D class (which I am). Will this bonus apply to all legs of my trip, excluding the QF leg?
Appreciate any help with this.