Where should I credit our Air NZ flights?

Hi
The three of us are travelling to NY on Air NZ next week. We are travelling PE and I’m a gold Velocity member with family pooling. My query is how can we get best value for the points we will receive? Should I link my Velocity account to the flights, or join the Air NZ scheme and claim the point there? Note we are going Air NZ from Melbourne to LA, then Virgin America (co share with Air NZ) to NY, VA back to SF and then Air NZ from SF back to Melbourne. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi,

Please have a read here. Doesn’t seem to earn Velocity points or status credit on most flights after Nov 2017.

EARNING STATUS CREDITS

Quote: 5. Please refer to the relevant fare class to determine the Status Credits earn as this eligibility will vary dependent on whether the flight is Trans Tasman, Long Haul or Domestic travel with Air New Zealand. Please also note that Status Credits cannot be earned on Pacific Island flights with Air New Zealand. From 1 November 2017 Status Credits cannot be earned on Trans Pacific flights to and from the Americas and flights to and from Asia with Air New Zealand. See destinations ineligible for Status Credits earn with Air New Zealand.

Might be worthwhile pursuing points and status on other partner airlines. Check out wheretocredit.com and Google the respective Velocity partners and whether they have family pooling.

You might be right but as I wrote we head off next week and will be back in October so I’m not that fussed regarding November. Thanks for the reply though.