Where is the best place to allocate points from a Vietnam Airlines Business class flight?

I have just flown return Sydney to London on a purchased Vietnam Airlines Business class flight. I am trying to figure out where I should allocate the points within the Skyteam Alliance.

From my reading it seems that Vietnam doesn’t have great redemption value so thought it may be better to allocate them elsewhere.
My thoughts were either Delta Skymiles or Korean Skypass.

Our future travel will be back to Europe, or trips to Bali or New Zealand.

We are Qantas FF members but the tickets were a good price, so we purchased them knowing we couldn’t allocate them to the One world Alliance. So now just wondering where to put the points.

I’ve tried to research as much as I can but am now getting bogged down in multiple articles.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Hi @Jalna

I have two thoughts…

• Delta Skymiles is a very good option for Australians because of Delta’s alliance with Virgin Australia. You can use, and earn, Delta Skymiles on Virgin flights. This might come in handy for you because you can potentially use your Delta Skymiles for Virgin flights to Bali and/or NZ, and if you don’t have quite enough Skymiles you can earn more on domestic Virgin flights. You can also use Skymiles to fly Garuda to Bali.

• If you want to stay within the Qantas/Oneworld ecosystem, you could allocate your points to Air France/KLM Flying Blue. Because of their recently-announced alliance with Qantas, you can use Flying Blue points for Qantas flights (but not other Oneworld flights). Do your own due diligence regarding points required and availability before you choose this option, because I’ve heard they’re not necessarily great.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

That definitely helps. I think I’ll allocate to Delta as it does give me better options and is less complicated. Thanks @sixtyeight.