Where best to credit Air Canada flight?

Am just about to do a return trip from Brisbane to Vancouver on Air Canada. Wanting some advice on the best way to collect the points. This will be a one of trip on Air Canada so cant see the point of signing up for their programme. I am based in Australia and am a member of QF, VA, SQ and various others that fly ex Austrialia. Thinking that as SQ part of star alliance this is a good option. Was just wondering if the points gurus out there have a better suggestion.
Cheers

If your flight number starts with AC, sounds like Krisflyer is your best bet. According to wheretocredit.com , Qantas and Velocity program are not eligible.

Hi there!

I recently did this route! I only use Velocity and Qantas for points so was disappointed when I saw these weren’t an option for claiming.

What I did instead was open a KrisFlyer account and claimed the flights. In the future I’ll be able to transfer them to Velocity.

Brisbane to Vancouver = 1,841 KrisFlyer points = 1,363 Velocity Points each way.

(3,682 KrisFlyer = 2,727 Velocity Points return, valid for 3 years)

However there is a minimum of 5,000 points balance to transfer, so I’ll have to build up my balance before transferring.

On the other hand, if I had gone my usual North American route of Brisbane to LAX with Virgin, I would have received 3,500 Velocity points each way, 7,000 return. Plus 80 Status Credits return.

Using the Air Canada route was convenient for my planned travel, but not very 'point rich".

At least I’ve been able to claim something though!