What to do with 13,000 Skyward Miles - can I transfer them somewhere?

I have 13000 Skyward Miles that are due to expire in December 2015. I don’t have any flights planned within that timeframe so can I transfer these miles to another frequent flyer program to stop them being lost or do I have to accept losing them? Emirates don’t seem to have a hotel chain that I could use them for either at the moment

It’s not enough for a redemption on a short haul Qantas flight, unless you can rustle up another 2000 points. Do you have a credit card that is a transfer partner of Emirates? Amex Membership Rewards can be transferred, though at 4 MR rewards points to 3 Skywards Miles.

Emirates’ website says that Jetstar redemptions are available from 7000 Miles, maybe try that?

Thanks for the tips. I don’t have a credit card that is a partner of Emirates but will have a look at Jetstar

I was in a similar situation and transferred my points over to the Heathrow Rewards program, which expire in 3 years I believe.  Better than forfeiting the points!

Hi Michaeld

I had almost 10,000 points expiring with Emirates and nowhere to transfer to or use them.

So rather than let them expire i redeemed a watch from the Emirates high street i had to pay the shipping that i think was under $30 i was pleasantly  surprised when it arrived it looks quite good i have been wearing it to work for almost 6 months and still going strong.

I have even had a few nice watch comments when i look down to see which one i am wearing i just laugh when i see its my freebie from Emirates and not the one that cost more than my first car.