What to do if getting Qantas Multi City search Error Code 4002 [7597]?

Hi all,

If someone can point me in the right direction I will send you a $50 Qantas Wine voucher, please I am desperate!!

I have searched far and wide in every forum and article and could not find the solution, begging for any answers from anyone who has information!! I will be forever grateful :slight_smile:

I have been attempting to book a multi city booking in first class reward seats for Melbourne to Dubai, and then Dubai to London for 227,500 Qantas points. (If booked seperately it costs 260,600 Qantas points.

MEL > DXB > LHR/LGW

I have found dates that are available:

However after proceeding and attempting to go to the Pay screen, the error message appears. (Error Code 4002 [7597])

I have done different test routes ending in Asia rather than Europe where it has allowed me to proceed to the Pay screen.

I have read that it could be due to “married segments” or even something to do with layover/connection times, does anyone have a workaround to this? Would contacting Qantas Customer Service be able to solve this?

Not super helpful advice but here it is.

1 Like

Trust me I have read every thread in every forum and every article out there and have not found anything of substance yet, I’m losing my mind!!

Have you tried calling to book?

Qantas website error #4002 [0]

• What the Qantas website says: “An error has occurred in our central database. Please contact us for further information.”
  • Why this error appears: This error message can appear after you’ve already selected all of your flights, but the website is unable to calculate the fare/taxes and crashes before quoting them. The itinerary is probably too complex.
  • What to do: Change the itinerary and try again, or call Qantas to book.
1 Like

Hi @stevendough11,
As @w.hiew says, I’d contact Qantas to get it sorted. Hopefully, you won’t be charged the 7,000 points booking/call centre human helping fee, because the website is crashing on you.

As an extra help, check out this post:

In a nutshell, it appears that while the multi-city search shows a seat available on the MEL - DXB sector, the main Qantas website is showing no reward seats available!

It looks like there is reward availability on Monday 10th Feb 2025:

Thank you for the response and insight @jenart

I am still receiving the error even when checking with your method; I have another set of dates that I have found both the reward seats on the normal (non-multi-city search) I have attached screenshots below as replies too, was wondering if you could try and make it to the Pay screen with these flights below:

Would be more than happy to send you the wine voucher if I can book this after all is said and done!!

EK405 Flight:

EK15 Flight:

Yes, it crashes for me too.

Also tried to split the journey into 3 legs: MEL - SIN - DXB - LGW and it still failed, but with a different message:

Your only chance would be to phone Qantas and book over the phone. When I’ve done this, they will lock in the reward seats first then pop you on hold to speak to the fares team, to calculate the fees and taxes etc…
Best of luck! :crossed_fingers:

@stevendough11 how did you get on? did you manage to phone up Qantas book your flights? I’d be interested to know if they were able to get around the online booking engine glitch.