What should I do if only seeing economy class seats from USA to Australia for our last leg on RTW business class itinerary?

Hello everyone,

I needed some help with booking the last piece for our rtw December to January trip. From the US, I want to fly home back to Syd but so far the site is only giving me economy seats. I wanted to know if there was a chance that Qantas would have business seats available soon or what other options would be available for me just so I can lock in those business seats home.

Thanks in advance!

If you already have a confirmed RTW booking, then I would just keep looking for alternative options. Depending on your previous flights, you might be able to return to Australia via some Asian city. Tokyo was a favourite due to the generous award availability with Japan Airlines in the past. If that is out of the question (i.e. breaching backtracking rules), QF does sporadically release some seats for its transpacific routes. That is just a waiting game unfortunately. Not to worry, as you should still have some back up with your confirmed booking.

If you DO NOT have a confirmed RTW booking, then I suggest booking the economy seats now, so that if award space opens up in a higher class, or an alternative flight with business, you would just pay the change fee so the rest of your RTW booking is still protected.