What should I do? Drastic price change while/after booking via Oneworld.com

I have a question about OneWorld booking. I’ve been planning a trip for a few weeks and found a rather good itinerary on OneWorld.com for a RTW (round the world) trip. It was the lowest price of all airlines, and really worked for my wife and I. As I was making the booking, the cost was exactly as it has been for the previous few weeks as I was testing different options.

Long story/question short: The price on screen was fine when I entered our information, and it was fine when I entered my credit card information. Only after I clicked “submit” and got the confirmation that the flights are confirmed did the price jump by $5k! How is this even legal?

I’ve called Qantas to ask how this has happened and they say “the price you’ve paid seems to be the correct price for that trip”. What I don’t understand is that I’ve never had a price jump by so much AFTER submitting the request. Does anyone have any advice? I can’t seem to find any phone numbers or email addresses for OneWorld and Qantas hasn’t been able to help either.

Thanks in advance!

If you don’t get very far on getting any support on this and you would rather not pay this price for the itinerary, you could get your credit card company to do a charge back to cancel the ticket. Use the reason that the price you were charged differs from what was initially shown and you couldn’t get in touch with anyone.