What lounge access does Velocity Platinum status members get when flying Singapore Airlines on economy?

Hi there

First post in a long time… great to see the FF community is getting back on its feet!

Looking to rebook our MEL-SIN-LHR trip later this year, all via Singapore Airlines. Due to a family member turning 2yo and my inability to acquire more points quickly, I no longer have enough points to do the full trip in business. So the plan is to go business outbound, and then suck it up in economy on the return leg.

I still have Velocity Platinum status though - would this qualify our family of 4 for Krisflyer lounge access at LHR and SIN if I book the return leg on Singapore Airlines economy if booked via (a) Virgin Australia or (b) Singapore Airlines direct? (since I have a mixture of Krisflyer (LHR-SIN) and Velocity (SIN-MEL) points to use for the return trip.)

I’m assuming the answer will be no, but thought it would be worth asking to confirm. TIA!

Cheers

Ben

Looks like you and a guest (inclusive of children) are allowed in Singapore Airlines operated lounges due to your Velocity Platinum status.

https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/travel-info/at-the-airport/lounge/international/#singapore

1 Like