What is the best way to use Qantas points to fly Brisbane-Naples-Santorini-Brisbane in Sept 2020?

I am only a Bronze QFF however I have 537,000 points
I am looking to fly the above legs first class if I can however it’s so confusing and now I have realised the seats won’t be open to me until after higher status members it’s looking almost impossible

Hi Bishopbliss,

I know this can seem intimidating at first! That’s normal: things do get easier.

The good news is that it’s not impossible – remember that you can use Qantas points on airlines other than Qantas. And that’s what you’ll need to do because Qantas doesn’t fly into Naples or Santorini (I assume that’s what you mean by “Santorina” – the Greek Island Santorini. Correct me if I’m wrong).

You can use your Qantas points for Oneworld airlines. From a very quick search, it seems there are two Oneworld airlines that fly into Naples (British Airways from London and S7 from Moscow), and two that fly into Santorini (British from London and Finnair from Helsinki).

However, if you’re finding things confusing, I suggest you forget about all that and aim to find flights on Emirates, Qatar, or Cathay from Brisbane to Rome. Then travel overland to Naples from Rome. Not all three airlines offer first class from Brisbane … Emirates does, Cathay doesn’t, I’m not sure about Qatar.

On the way home, look for flights from Athens.

I suggest you then pay to fly from Naples to Santorini and Santorini to Athens. You could use points, but it’s not worth it (eg. to use points to fly from Naples to Santorini you’d need to fly via London!).

If you do that, things will be a lot easier and, if your dates are flexible, you’ll have an excellent chance of getting the flights you need.

Firstly, yes I did mean Santorini, thanks for picking this up.
And, secondly, thanks for this advice, it’s a great starting point for me. I will do my research between now and when the seats open for my desired dates.
Thanks again, it’s great to have this forum to obtain tips and advice.