Hi all, after exploring many combinations, frequent flyer airlines and memberships for travel on first class to/from asia/europe. i have come to my own conclusion on what works best for buying and earning and using points for travel to/from europe. I’d like to see if you agree or disagree or have any recomendations/thoughts
- citibank and velocity cards are the best to earn points as you can convert to krisflyer miles to book singapore first class. krisflyer or velocity points can not be bought on promotions therefore unlike the others below, they are best to be earnt.
- lifemiles are best to purchase on promotion to travel thai first class to bangkok and to and from europe. they are also cheapest for business class travel throughtout europe on star alliance network
- aa miles are best to be bought whilst on promotions as you can travel on emirates, ba, and cathay on first class to asia/europe
- alaskan airlines are best to be bought on promotion to travel first class on cathay pacific to hong kong/europe
- united mileage plus comes in last as it similar to lifemiles only more expensive?
That’s my round up on best miles to purchase and earn for especially first class travel. community your thoughts please…