What can one do with 34,000 SkyPass miles?

I have a bit of balance with Korean Air, I don’t think it is enough for a flight to anywhere.

Any idea what can I do with it before it will expire one day?

In Australia, there really isn’t many good oportunities to use them given the limited number of Skyteam airlines that fly here. But the most straightforward way you could use them is probably flying one-way from anywhere in Oceania to Korea/Japan with them. That would cost you 35k for the one-way trip so you might have to figure out a way to get that extra thousand.

Note the main restriction with award tickets is that you can only book one-way tickets on Korean Air flights and so if you want to fly with Delta or Air France or any of the SkyPass partner airlines, you’ll have to fly round-trip which really limits your options. Assuming you don’t have a way to gain more points, you can look at US domestic flights with Delta, US<->Central America, flights within Europe and also select Asian routes. All of them in economy cost 25k round trip.
You might be able to tag along a LA-NYC roundtrip the next time you visit the US or maybe take a hop and back to Italy the next time you visit the UK for example.

You could also think about some select Asian routes where there is a low mileage cost. Examples like Vietnam to anywhere in SE Asia on Vietnam Airlines, Indonesia to SE Asia on Garuda Indonesia, economy roundtrip for 30k. Hong Kong to Mainland China, and Taiwan to Mainland China flights are a steal though at 20k round trip for economy, 25k for business and 30k for first. The next time you visit places like Bali, Hong Kong or Ho Chi Minh city, maybe think about tagging on a side trip to that as well.

Hope that helped with getting the juices flowing. My process is just going on the Korean air website and looking at both their award chart and also the Skyteam partner award charts. You might like to have a look at both to get some more inspo!
https://www.koreanair.com/skypass/use-miles/koreanair/award-tickets/redemption-table
https://www.koreanair.com/au/en/skypass/use-miles/partner-airlines/skyteam-award/overview/redeem-mile

1 Like