What are low costs options to qualify for Amex Qantas Ultimate annual free flight?

The article titled “How to get the most value out of the Amex Qantas Ultimate annual free flight” posted on Nov 30 2016 stated that there would be a guide coming out shortly on how to make a Qantas purchase ‘on the cheap’ that would qualify for the annual free flight. I’ve not seen it and was wondering if anyone could please advise where, if at all, I could find this information?

Hi,

Having a play with the interactive flight map (link), it seems flights departing (starting) out of Perth to (MEL/SYD) will be the higher value as these usually cost a few hundred dollars.

In addition, most Amex free flights are good for short notice flights too when price of flights tend to increase.

Good luck.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply but my question was about the guide that was meant to be coming out shortly on the post (Nov 30 12016) titled “How to get the most value out of the Amex Qantas Ultimate annual free flight” about how to make a Qantas purchase ‘on the cheap’ that would qualify for the free annual flight. This is what I am seeking information on.

Thank you

Hi,

Many apologies for the mistake.

I will send the editor team a nudge.

In the meantime, a google search found the following. Hope its useful.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/american-express-rewards/cheapest-way-spend-qantas-services-8996-2.html

Hi,

I have got some feedback from the editor team. Please see below.

We think these are the current ways to trigger the bonus which aren’t a flight purchase, but haven’t validated all of them so decided not to create a specific guide.

• Buy a carbon offset credit for an upcoming Qantas or Jetstar flight
  • Buy a Qantas gift voucher
  • Buy a points top-up
  • Buy something through the EpiQure program
Hope that helps.