United Airlines flights - which program to credit points to get Star Alliance Gold status?

Hi All.

I have an upcoming business trip with United Airlines. The route is Singapore - San Francisco - Chicago - Jacksonville - Chicago - Los Angeles - Sydney.

I am not affiliated with any Star Alliance program at this stage and I am wondering which program I should credit these miles to.

My goal is to try and achieve star alliance gold status on the least amount of flights possible.

I understand the Asiana Club and Smiles and Miles programs require the lowest entry point for gold status (40,000) points but given that I am flying United is it best I credit it to their program? Or am I better off crediting them to a different program to get gold quicker?

Thank you!

If you check on status matcher they may actually be offering a challenge to fast track to gold they sometime soon run this promotion although I haven’t seen it for a while.\r\nUniteds program is a good one to credit it to and a good star gold card!\r\nI’d try and search and see if there’s a challenge, email uniteds loyalty team etc just see if one is available, with that journey you might crack the required miles, also the mileage earnt is good to spend on redemptions because of United is a good value star alliance award partner.\r\nKyall

UA status challenge is worth considering. Keep in mind elite UA pax don’t get lounge access in USA, if you travel there a lot.

I’d be targeting Krisflyer myself.

You can always check out wheretocredit.com and see the options it gives you.