Sydney airport hotel - best one to stay?

Hi,

What would be the best Sydney airport hotel to stay in for early international departure?

Wife and I are booked on CX110 out of Sydney to Hong Kong. Departs at 7:30am. We are from Melbourne, so will be taking the last QF flight up the night before, and looking to stay at an airport hotel. I have never been to Sydney before, so am not very familiar with the airport. But from what I can tell from google maps, it looks like the domestic, and international terminals are on opposite ends.

What would be the best hotel to stay in? Due to the early international departure, would it be better to stay somewhere on the international side ? (Mercure?) Or is it best to stay domestic side, within walking distance to that terminal, and then catch a bus/train? I am assuming there would be a free shuttle going from domestic to international?

Also, what would be an appropriate time to get to the check in counter? Flying in J if that makes a difference…

Thank you all.

There is no free shuttle between terminals unless flying on connecting flights on same ticket

the train isn’t worth it if lugging baggage

you are better staying off international side. The Mercure is not an easy walk to the terminal but has a free shuttle .

Hi,

I have caught the same CX flight before and stayed at Rydges. It is just outside the international terminal. We walked 100-200 meters from the hotel lobby to the terminal entrance.

Not the greatest hotel but it was decent enough. If you look up sydney international on Google Maps and zoom right in, you should see Rydges.

Cheers.

Thank you for the quick responses!

The Pullman opened recently and is easily the best hotel in the area.