Suggestions please - best way to find award seats from Frankfurt to Brisbane using Qantas points?

Hi All

Looking for classic reward fares in business using QFF points. Want to go Brisbane to Frankfurt return, leaving late August and returning mid September (2017). Looking for 2 x adult fares. Happy to depart from Sydney or Melbourne, and happy to take round about ways of getting there (for example if it meant flying to Paris instead and then booking a separate flight).
I have used Award Nexus to search and can find reward flights over to Frankfurt from Brisbane via Perth, however can not find anything for the return leg.
Appreciate any suggestions, as I’m not sure my Award Nexus skills are the best…

Hi Scott

Often it is the case that getting in and out of Australia is the hardest part.  For the return leg one slightly less convienient option may be getting a flight to another airport, maybe KL, Singapore, BKK or even NZ and then buy a seperate ticket back to Brisbane.  Depending on how you do this you may even save a few dollars in departure taxes.  For example last time I went to Bangkok on an award ticket I booked a cheap flight Aus to NZ and then booked my reward flight as NZ to Bkk to SYD.  Even with the cash flight to NZ I still saved over $150 in Sydney departure taxes which went toward an enjoyable NZ stopover

Hope some of that may help

Tom