Should I be transferring American Express points into Velocity points?

Hi there- I have 1,304,068 AMEX points I need to use before I close my David Jones AMEX card. If I transfer to Velocity I get 652,034 Velocity points plus 10% bonus points for coming across. Is that a lot and does that mean I can get really good flights abroad for my family of 4? Alternatively it equates to about $6500 AUD of Flight Centre vouchers. Thoughts?

You will have enough points for 11 one way AU east coast to Singapore in business class or 5 one way AU to Europe in business class. Surcharges + taxes still applies.

In economy, its is roughly twice the amount of flights.

Please note: this is for reward seats which are limited per flight.

Flight vouchers can be used as long a the flight is available to book with cash.

(How to use Points for flights | Earn Velocity Points | Velocity Frequent Flyer)

Thankyou! Can these points be used to book return flights or just one way? All up it looks like it’s better value than converting the points to Flight Centre vouchers which is 200,000 points for a $1000 gift voucher.

You can definitely use 2 one ways to construct a return itinerary. I used one ways in my calcs in an attempt to simplify the info vs saying 5.5 return flights.

For a family of four, you will need 4x 4 one ways. Keep in mind finding 4 award seats in the same cabin and on the same flight is quite rare. Not impossible on some Singapore Airlines flights.

Velocity points can also be transferred to Krisflyer miles for more award seat options/availability. However, the transfer rate is 1.55:1 eroding some value.