Should I be concerned with the short connecting flight times?

Looking at booking some reward seats Zurich - Helsinki then Helsinki - Singapore on the Qantas website. If the airline allows me to book these as connecting flights, does that mean they deem that there is enough time in between flights? The ones below im looking at only have 1.5 hours in between, which I didn’t think would be long enough, but its allowing me to book it? Or should I look for another option with longer time in between? Any advice or previous experience with this would be appreciated, thank you

Hi @jlw_86

If the flights are bookable, it means that the airline considers it do-able. The two things you have going for you are that the flights are on the one airline and booking, so you should be able to check your luggage all the way through, and that Helsinki airport is one large terminal, so you won’t need to change terminals between your Schengen and your non-Schengen flight.

The one thing you don’t have going for you is that you’ll have to allow extra time to clear customs and immigration in Helsinki (full disclosure: I’ve never been to Helsinki airport so I have no personal experience).

You SHOULD be fine and if that’s the only option that you have, my advice would be to take it. But if you have an option for a later second flight, that would be the safer option.

2 Likes