Qantas points expiring soon - what's the quickest and easiest way to gain activity on a Qantas Frequent Flyer account?

Hi Hackers

My wife’s Qantas FF points (50k) are due to expire on the 30th January due to no activity (i.e. no earning) on her account over the past 18 months. It seems if we transfer to my more ‘active’ QFF account the expiry date still carries over.

Question for you, what is the quickest and easiest way to gain activity on her QFF account over the next couple of days?

Thanks for your advice!

I have two recommendations, but both are contingent you live in a major metro area, so fingers crossed that’s the case.\r\n\r\nDELIVEROO - 2 points per dollar.\r\nThese guys are a food delivery service that have hook-ups with restaurants, allowing you to order food delivered that you would normally have to leave the house for. Most have a minimum order amount, but for $30-40 you could have dinner for two, and some Qantas points. Make sure you add your QFF number prior to your order. In my experience the points have arrived between 4 days and a full month, so this could help you, but I wouldn’t put all my eggs in this basket.\r\n\r\nSECURE PARKING - 5 points per dollar.\r\nYou will have to pre-book a car park at one of the parks that is available for booking. I believe you actually have to use the spot. You can’t do this for weekday parking, only evening or weekend pre-booking. In my experience these points have taken more than a week to credit, so they may not be suitable, but for parks starting from $5, it might be worth the hassle if you were already planning on being in the city.\r\n\r\nIt might be worth calling QFF to check the T&Cs to check if the activity has to be before the points expire, or if the points have to credit before that, you might get lucky and have them say all you need is the activity.\r\n\r\nGood luck.

This might be in breach of the forum rules, so posting in a separate comment in case the moderators need to delete it. If you weren’t signed up to Deliveroo yet, and wanted to use my referral to get $10 off your meal (and a $15 credit for me) (see Point Hacks Deals page)

Hi Andrew,\r\n\r\nHappy for you to post your Deliveroo referral in the Deals page.\r\nhttps://www.pointhacks.com.au/deals/

Hi,

If you appreciate a glass of wine, Qantas Epicure is a quick way to earn points too. I believe it will count as activity for Qantas.

Family transfer them into your account. They will not expire if your account has the required activity in the previous 18 months. Then if she needs to use them u can book or upgrade from your account, or you can transfer them the moment she needs to use them from her account.

If you have a Woolworths Rewards card, link it to your wife’s QFF account and then spend over $30 at Woolworths to earn points.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions … I thought I would share the response from Qantas:

"Using your Qantas Points at our Qantas Store counts as activity and will keep your points active for a further 18 months" - Qantas (via Facebook).
I did two things to make sure the points would stay active.
  1. Purchased a $25 gift card via the Qantas Store for 4,000 points. Points deducted immediatley and this reset the expiry date.
  2. For sanity purposes I then purchased a couple of movie tickets via the Qantas Movies store (points credited with 24 hours).
Thanks again