We are trying to upgrade all legs of our Full Flexi return economy flight on Singapore Airlines to Switzerland in September, and credited all our credit card points to KrisFlyer.
However, Singapore Airlines has offered 1 return leg (Zurich/Sin) just for my husband, which also expires in a couple of days if we don’t confirm.
- If we confirm - only the 1 person will be upgraded or we will lose it
- If he does, it is still very possible apparently that I can still not be offered one!
- If this is the case, Singapore Airline says, once upgraded he can then only be downgraded to Economy to fly seated next to me on availability of such a Economy seat
- However, He will lose the premium seat points redeemed even if he never used it!
- Seems to me like a lot of time wasting (we spent literally hours, on the phone with them, going through different date changes - which you have to go to another number, etc.etc.) only to have this stupid what tantamount to a cat and mouse game of who will eventually fly on the premium, you or your husband, irony scenario.
I feel that this is a bit of game for the airline.
The question - where to start!
We joined KrisFlyer after being Lufthansa members thinking loyalty and frequent flying has some meaning. But now all our points have been transferred from our credit card to KrisFlyer, it looks like there are no premium flights (which we were told there were, but they couldn’t book unless we had the points in there!).
Once we have done that 1 person is offered 1 leg under a time limit to accept! Why even bother offering 1 upgrade to a couple flying together on the same booking code?
Why not hold it and wait for another and release both? Instead of expiring it. I see it as a cynical twist on the point redemption and to scupper the specific purpose of the particular customer’s request.
Seeing it is a long haul flight of many crazy hours, what do you think? I am tempted to cancel the tickets (almost $6000) but would lose all the points transferred to the KrisFlyer loyalty scheme.
Is there a deal where we would be able get premium on another airline for that money?
What are our options?
Your inspired answer is much appreciated.