Need help to find an award seat from US/Canada to Aus for January 2023

Hi pointhackers

Can I ask for help from the community with finding an award seat (1 Adult) from the US region in first week of January 2023 - 4th or 5th or 6th. I have tried my ways but can’t find any award seat availability.

Departure from any of the cities below (preferable)
Atlanta, Dallas, New York, Newark, Chicago, Toronto

Destination can be any of the cities below
Adelaide (ideal), Melbourne, Sydney

Economy or Business (preferred)

Can use the below points
Qantas Points, Velocity, Krisflyer, Asia Miles

Thank you in advance, for any help.

Definitely quite tricky finding seats on those days. I’ve found one possible itinerary so far. It is a bit of a long travel day and all in Economy but you can take a look: Should be bookable with Qantas or Asia Miles.

You can disregard the connection to ADL because it involves an overnight stay in Melbourne. But nonetheless, this would get you into Melbourne at least for the night.

2 Likes

@djtech thank you very much for this. I will try to book this and update here.

@djtech I wanted to post an update. I couldn’t book the tickets with the itenerary you mentioned. I was able to see the availability but the booking was coming up with errors. I tried calling the CS but was on hold for a very long time and hung-up.

I have now booked the below

1. A confirmed Business award seat from EWR to SIN on 5th Jan - still searching for a connection from SIN to ADL/MEL/SYD on 7th Jan
  2. A waitlisted Business award seat from JFK to MEL (fingers-crossed)
1 Like

Oh nice! Snagged a biz seat on the coveted ultra long haul route! Who doesn’t like flying back to Australia ‘the long way round’ ;)!
Just did a very quick search of possible Singapore to Australia flights. Seem like there’s some seats BEFORE the 7th from Singapore to Sydney on Velocity! Shame that your current flight will just miss it. Keep your eyes peeled though.

thanks @djtech …I am actively searching for a connection…looks like the 7th and 8th are the sweet spots for people returning from holidays…if no award seats show up, I will probably book a cash ticket…thanks again for your help

1 Like