Mission accomplished

Hi all,

Just thought I’d drop a line of my experience and how handy the Pointhacks tips are.
For the last 2-3 years I have used various credit cards for my daily spending requirements, but mainly to get the sign-on minimum spend bonus points. Mainly a Virgin Australia Signature Visa for its 1:1 earn rate.
One super easy earn was using the NAB platinum Visa, 80k bonus if I spent I think $1500 in 3 months. I went via Cashrewards and bought $1500 in Woolworths e-gift cards. Done. Pay off the card, collect the points and then cancel the card.
I’ve collected good bonus points from Fly-buys when signing up to a new (and cheaper) health insurance. Even a 100 or so points by fuelling at BP each week adds up. Then you pay with your Virgin Visa and get another 100.
I collected heaps of points via the Virgin online mall buying stuff off eBay (2pts/$ originally) when renovating the house. Pay with Paypal thats linked to ones Virgin Visa for another bag of points.

So it does work, you just need to put your mind to it.
So this morning I booked 2 return trips to Paris with Etihad in Business class for June 2018. The surcharges although steep, still come in of the price of 2 return economy tickets anyway. Unfortunately there was no Singapore availability. I just rang the VAFF line and it was easy as you could like.

Thanks Pointhacks, now too start the points build again…

Dave

Great work Dave!

I too have done very similar to you and almost reached 900k velocity points through credit cards, every day spend and travelling to the USA for the last 5 years (paid) .

Started off with a NAB Amex/Visa for 100k sign on bonus a few years ago.

Then worked more points using the Velocity Store for earning points through ebay, david jones, apple store, menulog, appliances online - pretty much whenever I need to buy something online I check to see if a store here earns points to buy it.

Then use Family Pooling for my fiance to accumulate all points to my account.  Then signed both of us up to 2 Amex Velocity cards - 100k points each (I also used a referral code for her AMEX card and earned another 30k velocity points) =230k.

BP - always fill up every other week and partner also uses BP so I accumulate all those.

Flybuys - Coles and Liquorland earn status credits per $100 spent plus transfer flybuys points to velocity points.

Have also just signed on for Visa High Flyer Velocity (through pointhacks referral code) which you have to spend $3k a month for 3 months to earn 120k points (this is good timing as I have my wedding coming up next year and the expenses have already started!).

Just booked 2 Business Class return flights PER to LAX this week for July 2018 for the wedding - looking forward to enjoying the in flight bar once again (was lucky to get an upgrade with points from Y+ to J class last year from Syd to Lax - must have spent a good 5hrs at the inflight bar, speaking with the excellent staff and other passengers - fun times :slight_smile:

Thanks Pointhacks!

Well done RyFlys. Awesome find!

Any helpful tips for booking a business class award seat? I have accrued 500,000+ points over the past few years but I have never seen an award seat available to the US (LAX) since i first joined in 2015 (travelling from Melbourne)!

Now planning on heading to the states next year regardless, but would be much nicer in business ;P. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt