Looking for insipration for December 2023 holiday using Qantas points

Hi folks,
Looking for inspiration for a December 2023 (international) holiday – using Qantas points (500,000 available) – ideally in business.
Not fussed as to where and not particularly fussed as to when.
Would look to fly from Melbourne/Sydney or Brisbane – depending on availability.
Suggestions/inspiration welcomed!
Thanks so much,
Claire

That’s a VERY general question – sort of like asking “Which book should I read?” or “What music should I listen to?”

Given I have no idea what sort of holiday you like, or where you’ve been, or what you enjoy doing, I’ll take a stab: If you’ve never been to NZ, go there. Fly into Christchurch or Queenstown, hire a car, and spend a couple of weeks driving around the South Island. If you’ve got the time (and especially if you’re a Lord of the Rings fan) there’s plenty to see and do in the North Island as well.

You also haven’t said how many of you there are, but as an added bonus, you’ve got enough points to get a family of four, or five, or six, there and back in business class.

If you literally have zero ideas, Qantas has a tool that shows you where you can go with your amount of points on their website
https://www.qantas.com/hk/en/destinations/where-can-i-go.html

Just have a look at where it could take you and decide from there!

Many thanks to you both – and yes, it is an incredibly general question. Perhaps too general in hindsight. In a way though, still a good idea – as I’d not thought of NZ or of that handy Qantas tool which shows you ideas for where you can go.

Off I go to look into both options . . .

Just before I go, whilst not sure what I expected as answers, perhaps I hoped for that hidden gem of a holiday – which only the Point Hacks guru might recommend? For example (and this is completely off the top of my head. . .) – go to Malaysia and stay at X hotel.

Again, thanks to you both! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response. I get asked a lot by friends, family and acquaintances about how to “get into” travel or where they should travel to for the first time. My response is almost always NZ, because it’s not only so easy to get to from Australia, but also because it’s such a beautiful, friendly, diverse and user-friendly country that it really does make the perfect introduction to international travel for people wanting to dip their toes into the water! It’s also perfect for almost any budget and for almost any type of traveller, from the adrenaline-junkie to the epicure who just wants to eat and drink well while enjoying the view.

If you do want to be more adventurous, there’s a huge number of trip reports on Australian Frequent Flyer (which is owned by Point Hacks) which have been an inspiration to many people. The thread is here.